The new edition of Europain 2018 brings three major themes: “Manufacturing – Selling – Managing”. The section dedicated to “Manufacturing” will illustrate the extent of the creativity and innovation employed to satisfy a rapidly changing market. The upcoming trade fair takes place in Paris-Nord Villepinte, France, February 3-6, 2018.
The organizers consider that professionals in the bakery-pastry industry must rethink their offering every day, as well as their business and manufacturing methods, in order to satisfy the new increasingly high and diversified consumer expectations, without impacting their productivity.
For this edition, Europain is set to act as a real think tank for the industry. At the show, visitors will find ideas and solutions that will enable them to consider different options for growth and to make enlightened decisions, the organizer says.
For four days, cross-disciplinary themes addressed by professionals and experts, as well as national and international media, will be discussed and shared with the visitors.
Many contributors will take part in the Forum to give their input on issues dealing with production and multiple other themes, for example:
- New manufacturing processes will be analyzed by European Baker & Biscuit magazine, with our guest speakers.
- Ancient and modern wheats and its characteristics by Jean-François Berthelot, specialized on ancient wheat and Alain Bonjean, expert in modern seeds;
- Laboratory of the future, presented by François Bidoux (Matfer), Laure Ginesty (Inspection du Travail) and Pierre Canetto, (expert in acoustic at INRS) ;
- Stanley P. Cauvain, specialized on sandwich loaf will explain the development of sandwich loaf on an international scale;
On the other hand, “Labs” section will be sources of inspiration, expertise and creativity. The Europain labs offer an opportunity for visitors to experience first-hand the latest practices and technology in bakery pastry. They will also feature the recipes created to answer the new customer expectations:
- Baker’s Lab and the Restaurant Shop – coproduced with catering school Cuisine Mode d’Emploi(s) – will present a fully operational pop-up bakery-restaurant and an open bakehouse, including an innovative digital ordering solution.
- Well-being and Health Lab – Co-produced with Boréa – will propose a varied program of practical demonstrations and expert workshops in bakery, viennoiserie, pastry and light and well-balanced catering.
- Intersuc Lab will present demonstrations in pastry, chocolate, confectionery and ice-cream making with the support of the most talented pastry chefs on trending themes such as gluten free, sugar and butter free chocolate.
The innovations in the industry will be at the heart of this edition of Europain: identified on each stand, they will also be included in themed visitor routes via website and the brand new dedicated app. Professionals will also be given an opportunity to vote for the Europain Visitors’ Prize, among the products selected for the Europain Innovation Awards.