PMMI, the Association for Packaging and Processing, hosted the first-ever PMMI U On the Road workshop in at ASCO’s Center for Excellence in Florham Park, NJ, on July 31.
This free event brought together consumer packaged goods (CPG) professionals and PMMI members to learn ways to improve their operations. The first workshop, “Total Cost of Ownership”, focused on the calculation and benefits of the total cost of ownership in an interactive learning environment. The second workshop focused on “Cybersecurity and Production Operations”, analyzing current cyber threats and their impacts on the industry. The workshops were followed by a networking dinner, and educational sessions continued the next day at the PMMI Roadshow.
“We feel excited and energized by the success of this event,” says Stephan Girard, director, education and workforce development, PMMI “We’re looking forward to expanding our offerings with new courses in 2018.”
PMMI U On the Road’s upcoming workshops will be held at Pack Expo Las Vegas (September 25-27, in Las Vegas Convention Center).
Show attendees arriving early can benefit from risk assessment workshops offered before the show floor opens. These workshops will include risk assessment basics, legal implications and assessment deployment. Because many end users require risk assessments in the procurement process, PACK EXPO Las Vegas is an ideal opportunity for exhibitors to ensure their equipment meets safety requirements.
Additionally, a two-day certified trainer workshop will take place during PACK EXPO Las Vegas. These workshops give companies the strategies to train employees effectively across skill levels, enhancing job performance and safety standards for exhibitors at the show. Certified trainers who have already completed the training may become senior and master certified trainers, provided they meet the qualifications for recertification.
- What to Expect at Pack Expo Las Vegas
- Pack Expo Las Vegas will have nearly 900,000sqf —an area larger than 15 football fields — where visitors can find:
- Packaging machinery in action, newly-released technologies, materials and containers;
Solutions for 40+ vertical markets from 2,000+ suppliers;
- Pavilions dedicated to containers and materials, confectionery and reusable packaging;
- Free educational sessions at the Innovation Stage and Reusable Packaging Learning Center, where visitors can stop by at any time (no registration required);
- Networking lounges for Baking & Snack, Beverage and Confectionery industry professionals.
Pack Expo Las Vegas takes place in the Central Hall and South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.