Exhibitors shared their thoughts and expectations of this year’s iba with us, including some of the industry’s names that need no introduction. We have selected their answers to the following questions:
- What are your expectations from iba?
- What are you presenting this year?
Companies in Halls B, 1-6, are listed in the second part of this article, in the ascending order of their stand number.
Read here the first part of this article: Exhibitors Anticipate Iba 2018. Expectations And Stand Highlights (I)!
Halls B, 1-6
Hall B1/110,111, 120 – Spooner Vicars
Gerard Nelson, sales director:
- [We aim] to confirm the comeback of the famous name of Spooner Vicars; to demonstrate our 10-year lead in manufacture in India, while all major biscuit equipment manufacturers are only just beginning to produce in low-cost countries; and to attract interest from smaller, family-owned bakeries from emerging economies.
- VORTEX 1000kg horizontal mixer for mixing biscuit, cookie and cracker doughs;
A-PEX Sport high-performance rotary molder for biscuits and sandwich cookie shells.
Hall B1/323 – ECD BakeWATCH
Ray Pearce, baking product manager:
- The iba is a massive show! Trade shows create a deadline on creativity. Thus, this event provides a wealth of decision-makers with the finest and most comprehensive solutions to shop for in the global commercial bakery and confectionery industry – a can’t miss event!
- Along with the complete BakeWATCH products portfolio of in-transit M.O.L.E. thermal profiling equipment, a category we pioneered 32 years ago, we are introducing the next rev of our kill step automation software called BakeWATCH Kill Step Calculator. It now includes the ability for users to add specific product varieties and D-Reduction constants for kill step validation reporting beyond what AIB International publishes.
This direct data downloads program requires no Excel exporting and automates the data collection, dough channel validation and Salmonella D-Reduction report generation satisfying the post bake critical control point for FSMA compliance, including foreign supplier verification program.
The new Thermocouple Spreader provides a fast 2-hand method of deploying the profile rig with expandable arms reaching up to 1.5M across onto fast-moving cracker and biscuits ovens without a bulky apparatus. Simply adjust the scissors device to correspond to the pitch of the dispensed dough, and with thermocouple sensors angled downwards contact up to 6 dough pieces at once.
Hall B1/340 – Tromp Group
Henk Hoppenbrouwers, sales manager, and Erik Smink, marketing & communications:
- We expect many visitors at our booth, as pizza is a booming market in Europe. Tromp Group is able to deliver the complete integrated system but also all best-in-class technology.
- Experience best-in-class technology and most comprehensive equipment: Tromp Group can fulfill all aspects in the complete process of baking: mixing, sheeting, proofing, baking, cooling/freezing and topping. These are the main items under the spotlight.
All about Pizza: Our three brands are represented: Tromp Sheeting & Depositing Systems, Den Boer Baking Systems and VanderPol Waffle Systems. We will be presenting “All about Pizza”, a concept for making the most optimal pizza production with our integrated process line. Our concept is highly appreciated by the market due to its efficient way of working with modular designed equipment.
The booth will also display a section from a Multibake HT tunnel oven. This is a directly heated oven with a stone floor for perfect pizza production.
We will also show elements of a sheeting line and a topping line. Elements as hygiene, state-of-the-art and easy to use are visible.
Hall B2/150 – MECATHERM
Raymond Nogael, group director of marketing and business development:
- We hope to gain recognition for the innovations we are launching. We also expect to meet the maximum number of customers possible and to attract new customers who have not used our technology in the past.
We will present our products in action, with product managers who will explain the equipment in live demonstrations. We will organize a corner dedicated to Industry 4.0 as well. This year, iba is a very important trade show, because we have had many developments since the last edition: we have worked hard on developing a new image, which we’ve launched this year, and we are now promoting; we aim to be more customer-focused, have much more contact with clients, and simplify the way we work for their benefit.
- The new technologies MECATHERM is launching at iba will be the highlights at the stand, starting with the new oven (M-TA oven), the new conveying system (M-UB handling system), and the new dough divider (M-NS divider).
Read more about Mecatherm’s new techonlogies in the iba Innovation Alerts article!
In addition, we are presenting complete solutions for smart factories, including new technologies that are part of the Industry 4.0 concept. All production lines are going to be completely numeric, rendered in 3D, at the start of the design process. When this is finalized, we proceed with virtualization, which helps the customer better understand the environment, evaluate the flow of the equipment in the factory and the project overall. The order of each product can then be set for building, based on the simulations.
The next aspect in our focus is emulation, dedicated to the equipment. For instance, in the case of our new handling system, if one of the trays is not working, this program helps identify quickly the issue. It can also help test parameters for new operations and directly put them into practice. Another tool will help detect all deviations in temperature, sound, belt length, measure all parameters and issue alerts when necessary, which is key in preventive maintenance.
Hall B2/170 – Eurogerm
Benoît Huvet, chief operating officer:
- Our main expectation is to comfort our customers they have made the right choice with Eurogerm as our ingredients & solutions bring them added value such as: customized formulation, technical assistance on site, sensorial analysis, physical-chemical evaluation. We would also like to convince new prospect customers “they knocked on the right door” with an answer to their needs, based on a single approach: diagnosis/design/check.
- IBA 2018 will be the right place for our customers to discover “our Autumn/Winter 2018 Collection”, a great selection of new products specially designed to meet consumers’ experience and behaviors.
Our recent internal meeting from June, with all of our subsidiaries and commercial representatives, has been a real opportunity to confirm the global trends and expectations that have been observed worldwide: shorter lists of ingredients, demand for organic and healthier products, convenience, and consumers’ amazing experience!
Industrial bakeries are focused on these requirements that have been considered to build new developments like: extension of the range of organic improvers, clean label premix for long shelf-life breads, reduced-fat or sugar solutions for baked goods.
Hall B2/370, 570 – Koenig
Julia Kneidinger, marketing:
- We perceive a positive outlook for the baking industry and for iba in particular. Bakeries are currently very willing to make new investments for industrial lines. Previously challenging markets such as Russia show great investment potential again. The iba is a global marketplace for the baking industry and unites all players in an inspiring and innovative atmosphere.
- Our exhibition appearance is themed “Koenig Elements” – which stands for thriving to bundle the elements. Thus, bakeries around the world can produce the best possible bread and buns – in harmony with the elements. We will present the Combiline plus roll line in a completely revised version in “Easy clean design“. This version is dedicated for even easier cleaning, maintenance and access to all modules. Moreover, we will present a completely new dough sheeting line for artisanal bakeries suitable for small-pore doughs as well as for large-pore doughs. This line is also in “Easy clean design“.
Another new highlight is a new multifunctional high-performance line with a performance of 100 strokes/min. This line enables the production of various buns, such as hamburger, hot dog buns or donuts at high capacity.
We also improved our Menes-H industrial dough sheeting line with a new universal dough sheet former. This is adaptable for a wide variety of doughs (small-pore bread doughs as well as large-pore ciabatta doughs) with exchangeable rollers with different surfaces.
Hall B4/250 – Kempf GmbH
Guido Kempf, executive partner:
- We want to welcome and meet with our existing customers, find new prospects and projects, expand our market participation, and display traditional and new Kempf products. Kempf has profited a lot from participating in previous iba shows resulting in qualitative international prospects and projects.
- Perforated & non-perforated baking trays, baguette trays, trays for baking lines, tin sets, peelboards, racks, non-stick coatings: Teflon and silicone.
Hall B4/351 – Handtmann Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
Martin Rössler, sector manager Handtmann Bakery:
- [We aim to] present Handtmann technology to a wide audience, to enhance the degree of awareness; to present new applications, and generate new projects.
- VF 842 with Forming System 520 e.g. for rye buns, gluten-free rolls or “Typical Austrian Vinschgauer”;
VF 842 with Cutting Unit SE 442 g. for toast/sandwich bread;
VF 630 B with Cutting Unit SE 443 e.g. for wholemeal, coarse grain, rye and multigrain breads
in tins with high dough yield;
VF 608 B with Manual Dosing Valve e. g. for fillings or batters;
VF 608 B with Manual Cutting Device e.g. for all kinds of doughs from bread to cookies;
VF 620 B with Dosing System 551 e.g. for spot depositing or continuous filling on lamination lines.
Hall B4/550 – Schick Esteve
Jason Stricker, director of sales & marketing – USA, and Yann Weissgerber, director of sales & marketing – Rians, France:
- Our goal is to introduce Shick Esteve as a global resource over 60 years in the baking industry.
- As the only global provider focused solely on the food industry, Shick Esteve will be showcasing the latest in ingredient automation solutions and process design. Our expertise includes automation of bulk, minor/micro, liquid ingredients and process design.
Hall B5/260 – Urschel International
Alan Major, managing director:
- We are anticipating a large turnout at the Urschel booth as we continue to roll out the new MicroAdjustable (SL-14) Slicing Head for the Model CC Slicer. There has been tremendous interest in this new development, as well as continued interest in the Integra.
- [We are presenting the] CC Slicer equipped with Urschel’s new MicroAdjustable™ Slicing Head (SL-14), our new Affinity Integra® Dicer, N Granulator, and Comitrol® Processor Models 1700 and 3600.
For more insights from the exhibitors featured in both parts of this article, read European Baker & Biscuit, July/August!