UK’s Premier Foods to focus on main brands

Premier Foods is set to divest a number of brands following its latest profit warning.

On Friday the company released a statement that said annual trading profit was expected to be “below market expectations”, prompting a slide in share price, reported just-food.

It said it would focus on eight ‘Power Brands’, such as Bisto and Hovis, and reduce the overall size of its portfolio.

The statement said: “We will actively seek to dispose of businesses. This will also allow us to de-leverage.”

Premier added that the sale of other brands would allow the company to “significantly exceed” the previously-announced GBP20m (US$31.3m) cost saving target by 2013.

You might also like

Newsletter

Subscribe to our FREE NEWSLETTER and stay updated SUBSCRIBE