As plans for the booths are finalized and the equipment being shipped to Munich to be ready for September 15, the industry is anticipating the trade fair.
Exhibitors shared their thoughts on this year’s iba with us, their views on the industry and highlights at their stands. We have spoken with some of the industry’s heavyweights as we too anticipate trend-setting developments in everything from technology to ingredients and complete, custom-made solutions for manufacturing baked goods. Here are their thoughts on:
- What are your expectations from iba?
- What are you presenting this year?
Companies in Hall A are listed in part I of this article, in the ascending order of their stand number.
HALLS: A 1-6
Hall A1/466 – Rexnord Power Transmission Europe
Olga Tumareva, marketing manager food & beverage:
- iba is well-known in the bakery industry across different countries. Some of our customers are coming to visit us at our booth from all European countries, but also outside of Europe (Russia, Middle East, etc.).
- Rexnord will present our complete portfolio of products for the bakery industry. We provide total conveyor or spiral solutions, which include any conveyor components that a customer might need for their conveyor. We supply the highest quality metal or plastic belting for straight running conveyors, as well as for spirals.
Hall A3/111 – Unifiller Systems Inc
Marco Hornsteiner, sales director:
- iba is the place to meet up with business partners from all around the world and to build up new networks. Being there means to present yourself and your products to decision makers and to establish new contacts.
- Our main focus this year will be on our automated production lines, the cake line and the sandwich line. Furthermore, we will be presenting a range of servo-driven depositors, the multi-station and the servo multi for multi-lane depositing and some of our newly developed food service depositors.
Hall A4/451 – Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients (& Unicorn Grain Specialties)
Walter LOPEZ, Ph.D., communication & event manager:
- iba is the most important show for bread making in Europe. We want to share our company, our products, and our innovation. We are “Naturally Innovating”; it’s our new baseline that we will deploy starting with iba.
- For this edition of iba, we will be with our friends and now colleagues of Unicorn Grain Specialties. We highlight 5 innovations at this IBA show:
- Limagrain Cereals Ingredients & Unicorn Grain Specialties join forces to offer a free offer for clean label bakery
- CERECLEAN, a new clean label preservative for bakery products, to preserve bread as before!
- A new range of organic bread improvers in the Bricks offer
- Toasted buckwheat, the natural benefits of the Kasha
- BRICKS, the bread improvers customized for your bakery products
Hall A5/331 – RADEMAKER
Henri in ’t Veld, product manager:
- We would like to welcome all our existing customers and new potential customers to present our new production lines and other novelties. Our target is also to present our completely new range of low capacity production lines to the market. With these novelties, we want to introduce the high-end Rademaker production solutions to the midrange industrial bakery segment.
- Various completely new generation production machines:
- High-end industrial breadline
- Midrange/medium capacity breadline
- High-end industrial pastry line
- Midrange/medium capacity pastry & croissant line
- Concept midrange sheeting line
- Advanced new croissant molding systems
- Various depositing machines
Hall A6/126 – WALTERWERK KIEL GmbH & Co.KG
Markus Bartels, manager:
- This exhibition is becoming more and more important to our customers. Since we expanded our machine portfolio regarding snack baking, we would like to present this area at the corresponding exhibitions.
- We will present our new wafer baking lines JUPITER A and JUPITER C for sugar cones as well as some brand new developments in the area of chips baking.
Hall A6/131 – IPCO
Fabio Conti, global product manager, food:
- IBA is always a highlight of the exhibition calendar for us; this year is more important than ever, as it will be our first appearance as IPCO. We want customers to come away with a clear understanding that we continue to manufacture low maintenance solid and perforated steel belts with the same people, skills and global sales and service support that customers around the world rely on, but now under a new name and brand.
- Our primary focus at this year’s fair will be to present our new name and brand. Earlier this year we became IPCO, part of the Swedish-based Wallenberg Group. We previously operated as Sandvik Process Systems and have been a key supplier to oven manufacturers for nearly 100 years so it’s important for us to make sure people know who we are and where we’ve come from.
In terms of product, we will use this year’s IBA to highlight the production benefits our solid and perforated steel bake oven belts. We will be showing examples of our full range of steel belt materials – both solid and perforated – and will have two bake oven conveyors incorporating some of our conveyor accessories including tensioner, belt tracking, skid bars, a brush cleaner and more. We’ll also be highlighting our innovative QuickCleaner system that uses salt crystals blasted at high pressure to remove carbon residues and potentially hazardous acrylamide from steel belt conveyors used in bake ovens.
Our other demonstration unit will be a fully operational, food-grade stainless steel conveyor. We’ll use this to showcase the wide range of applications that exist for steel belts across the whole food processing industry, and benefits such as ease of cleaning, durability and food safety – there’s no risk of plastic contamination with a steel belt.
Hall A6/311 – Sveba Dahlen, Glimek, Varimixer, Burford
And Hall B1/110, B/111, B/120 (Middleby Bakery Group with Sveba Dahlen), Hall B5/240 (Glimek, Jürgen Peters) – Sveba Dahlen
Åsa Ericsson, marketing manager:
- Of course, our expectations are high, since this is a chance for us to really meet our customers, partners and friends and show our equipment, which delivers the best baking result! We are also eager to hear what they think about our news! Sveba Dahlen also turns 70 years 2018!
- This is the first time we also show equipment from our partner Burford, in Middleby Bakery Group, in our booth, A6-311. We also show some Glimek and Sveba Dahlen machines in the Middleby stand. News in the Sveba Dahlen booth:
- svebaconnect part of middlebyconnect – cloud solution.
- New S-Series combination oven.
- New Prover F-Series. We will show the F500.
- Updated rack oven C252 (new design) and also with core temperature. The core temperature can also be adapted on other Sveba Dahlen rack ovens.
- Professional young bakers in the Sveba Dahlen bakery. In our stand you will be served ”Swedish Fika” made by ”World cup for young bakers” Swedish Gold medalist Pernilla Boström and Bronze medalist Tintin Larsson.
- Swedish “fika” in the stand.
- Glimek Bread line. There is also possible to see a bread line with the Suction Dough Divider SD600 in the Middleby booth. The suction dough dividers have been updated with a new safety edge on the hopper and the SD180 and SD300 models with a new 90liter hopper and a lower work height for better ergonomics.
- V-Series rack oven, important updates which result in even better baking results.
Hall A6/320- Berndorf Band GmbH
Thorleif Brokke, sales director:
- iba and Interpack are for us the major and most important events in Europe to reach customers in the food industry.
- We are presenting our wide range of steel belts for different applications in the food industry, our capabilities related to on-site service/repairs, complementary products like belt tracking systems and conveyors as well as a new cleaning device for steel belts.
Hall A6/321 – Baker Perkins
Keith Graham, business development manager:
- iba is clearly the most important bakery exhibition worldwide. There are other shows of the same size, but they do not have the truly global attendee profile of iba. iba is taken very seriously by international suppliers and forward thinking bakers.
- New technology that makes high-speed mixing of bread dough in hot climates is being introduced on Tweedy mixing systems. The Tweedy SuperCool mixer combines radically enhanced bowl cooling with advanced control technology, to provide precise management of dough temperature in any climate.
Other Baker Perkins upgrades making their first appearance at iba focus on making bread and biscuit production smoother through improvements to the hygienic design that make maintenance and cleaning simpler and quicker.
Hall A6/361-371 – Bühler AG / Haas
Daniel Troxler, marketing director, Bühler AG Business Area Consumer Foods (left), and Thomas Breg, head of marketing group, Haas Group (right):
- iba is always the most important event for us in this segment. The
- international audience and the quality of the visitors is Many outstanding novelties are presented, making iba the trendsetting bakery show.
- At the iba 2018, it will be one year after Haas and Bühler have successfully merged their businesses and teams. Correspondingly, our focus at the exhibition will be “Creating Tomorrow Together”, to display the additional benefit from the merger for our customers. Not only can we offer now single machines, but also the complete process chain from grain to wafers, biscuits or many other baked products. Components of such lines are displayed physically and other solutions along the value chain are presented as augmented reality.
A second focus is on energy efficiency and sustainability. Our innovations such as the continuous mixing technology ContiMix™ or the ECO-Oven present the latest developments from both companies.