Professionals from the UK baking industry attended a one-day conference and technical workshop organized by Limagrain Ingredients in Nottingham, the UK.With more than 30 years’ experience in the clean label solutions, Limagrain Ingredients explained how to create a clean-label strategy with technical ingredients solutions using clean-label improvers, functional flours and natural high-protein flour.
In addition to clean-label ingredients, industry experts from different sectors of the baking industry discussed a variety of topics:
- Unigrain showed the main challenges of the bakery industry,
- Digital Food Lab identified the main food technology trends in Europe to predict the future trends of the food industry;
- Mintel underlined the needs of UK consumer;
- Campden BRI focused on clean label from an industrial and consumer point of view;
- Limagrain UK described the varietal wheat selection in Limagrain Group, dedicated to the food industry;
- VMI gave insights into clean-label solutions thanks to the mixing process.
Jose Cheio, VMI, emphasized the dough mixing specialist’s perspective: “With this day organized by Limagrain Ingredients, the diversity of the speakers offered a complete and concrete vision of the clean-label issue. The workshops, dealing with market data, ingredients, processes, and finished products, were very rich with in-depth exchanges with major players in the bakery industries. For VMI, this is also a great opportunity to better understand the needs of its markets and customers. It enables us as well to share in detail the results of our studies and trials on the clean-label topic, which is not possible with traditional or digital media.”