Ingredion will be showcasing the latest consumer trends and ingredient innovations in six delicious recipe prototypes at this year’s Gulfood Manufacturing, designed to show food and drink manufacturers how they can develop and formulate affordable products with the ingredients and claims that consumers prefer.
Taking place from the 7-9 November at the Dubai World Trade Centre, Gulfood Manufacturing is the Middle East’s biggest annual food and beverage processing forum. Ingredion’s Senior Culinologist will be on stand to freshly prepare dishes that tackle industry challenges including affordability, reducing sugar, and enriching products with plant protein. Formulated with a variety of Ingredion’s textured pulse proteins, food systems solutions, flavor modifiers, erythritol sweeteners, and more, the menu features a crispy coated plant-based nugget, an affordable nacho cheese dip and a no added sugar still lemonade. Technical experts will also be on hand to discuss visitors’ formulation and production challenges.
Firas Abu Irshaid, Sales Manager – Middle East, Ingredion, says: “The Middle East and African food and beverage sector is predicted to achieve between six and seven percent annual growth between 2020 and 2022. Coupled with consumers’ willingness to try out new trends such as reduced-sugar and plant-based, this presents an opportunity for food and beverage manufacturers to tap into this developing market.
Ingredion’s on-trend concepts:
– A crispy coated plant-based nugget with 50% sugar-reduced chipotle chilli ketchup
– An affordable 0% protein sandwich slice
– An affordable nacho cheese dip with tortilla chips
– A gelatin-free pannacotta with a floral sugar-reduced strawberry and rose water fruit prep
– A brioche bun with a shiny affordable egg-free glaze filled with a chocolatey bakery cream
– A no added sugar still lemonade