The Mexipan fair, one of the most important events for the industrial bakery sector in Mexico and Latin America, will be held between August 22-25, in Ciudad de Mexico.
Mexipan (International Bread Industry Fair), a show for the bakery, confectionery, chocolate and ice cream supply industry, has been consolidated in the market as a biennial event in Mexico City for more than 20 years and 15 continuous editions. As of 2013, Mexipan travels to the interior of the country, with two editions in Guadalajara and one in Veracruz.
World Bakery Trends Summit
Specialized conferences will be held, with recognized Chefs who are experts in bakery, pastry, pastry and chocolate. They will demonstrate trends as well as the strategies that can help boost baking businesses in a market. In addition, they will share success stories that can provide guidelines for visitors to expand businesses in this industry.
The summit will be inaugurated by Dr. Amador Mendez, board of directors ANPROPAN, who will make an “Introduction in the Bakery, Confectionery and Chocolate Industry in Mexico”.
The program includes speakers and topics such as:
- Ettiene Maillard (Grupo Lessafre) – Pleasure for Bread and Daily Health. This conference will address the role that bread now plays in conjunction with health starting from the contribution that the processes of fermentation in bread have had to the formation of civilization.
- Alejandro Lechuga (Caramell Boutique) – Technology in the making of Croissants. Knowledge of cutting-edge technology applied to new trends in bakery will be discussed.
- Xavier Barriga (Turris) – Bread and Health, Fundamental Aspects of a Binomial. The presentation will analyze the difference between a good bread and not good bread, key elements of the baking process, and key ingredients in bread and cereals; he willreview the different cereals, pseudo cereals and sprouted cereals, celiac disease and other wheat intolerances, myths (and false myths) about bread and health.
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez (Tecnologico de Monterrey) – The New Digital Protagonists and their Interaction in the Traditional Business of the Bakery and Confectionery in Mexico. The expert will show how the generation of millennials and foodies interact in a traditional bakery and pastry setting. Digital tools such as social networks, portals and web page, as well as the participation of influencers and bloggers can make a strong differential in the behavior of our customers, so it is convenient to know how to use them properly, in the short and medium term.
- Lluis Costa (Vallflorida Xocolaters ) – How to Innovate and Find Excellence in Pastry – Innovation methods such as combining flavors, creating seasonal products.
- Osvaldo Gross – Evolution and Trends in South American Pastry. His presentation will cover the origins of the South American Pastry, up to the present and new trends.
- Didier Rosada (Uptown Bakers/El Club del Pan) – Trends and Innovations in the world of bakery. The modern baker has to be aware of the latest trends and technological innovations, both in the ingredients and in the processes and equipment available to produce the loaves that meet the expectations of the new generations of consumers.
- Regis Ferrey (Ferrandi) – Healthy Pastry with Responsibility for Sweet and Fat. Health is a topic of great relevance nowadays, it is important to know how to integrate aesthetics and health without sacrificing flavor, to offer products that meet the demand of new consumers.
The event will prepare a wide range of bakery courses – topics including “cold positive”, “frozen bread”, etc., but also courses for pastry and chocolate desserts. “Complement your expertise by attending one of the courses taught by world-renowned Chefs in the bakery, pastry, chocolate and ice cream industry,” the organizers announce.
The contests –held during Mexipan will see competitors baking for the Mexican Talent Cup, while Creatives Mexipan will allow students, chefs or baking enthusiasts to demonstrate their skills.