Tortilla Industry Association recently announced the next Virtual European Technical Tortilla conference will be held between November 19-20, 2020.
The day and a half meeting will see expertise provided by leading bakery and tortilla industry players shared in live online presentations with speaker Q&A and interaction between participants. Additionally, all the sessions will be made available to registrants to view again later and as often as they like through a secure web page at no extra charge.
Tortilla processing and production troubleshooting will be covered during the live event, along with advancements in automation and ingredients. There will be presentations on tortilla flour, as well as insights on plant based proteins used in gluten free formulations. The event will also cover market trends in bakery, fats & oils and the potential for functional ingredient innovation such as emulsifiers, stabilizers and enzymes.
Topics will include:
- Natural shelf life extension of tortillas & natural antioxidants
- Bakery market trends
- Improving tortillas according to your needs with enzymes
- Hydrocolloids applications in tortillas
- Predicting tortilla quality from dough
- Advanced applications using latest enzymes
- Innovations in fats & oils
- Maximizing longevity of tortilla belts
- Flour property considerations between EU & USA tortilla production
- Innovations in packaging
- Plant based proteins for tortilla innovation
- European market update presentation
- Labour savings through increased automation
- Clean label tortillas
- Innovation in gluten-free tortillas
The organizers will also have an “Ask The Experts” panel where participants will be able to ask live questions to industry leading experts.