The organizer of südback, Messe Stuttgart, has prepared a different structure for this year’s event. Those who visited the German trade fair in the past will find a new organization and an exhibition space increased with 10,000sqm, compared with the previous edition in 2017.
This September 21-24, Stuttgart will become the meeting point for the bakery and confectionery markets once again. Trade visitors from more than 80 countries and international exhibitors will meet in order to exchange ideas and experiences, make use of networking opportunities and obtain information on trends, know-how and innovations.
The success of the trade fair in the last few years and its increasing internationalization will lead to the next step in the forthcoming südback: more exhibition space and a changed hall structure.
In addition to Halls 5, 7 and 9, the Oskar Lapp Hall (Hall 6) and the Alfred Kärcher Hall (Hall 8), südback will also occupy the new Paul Horn Hall (Hall 10).
The increase of the exhibition space will also mean that a wider range of products and services will be offered. The new hall constellation will promote a circulating flow of visitors around the trade fair grounds.
In addition to the exhibitors’ products and services, a wide-ranging accompanying program will provide numerous opportunities for professional discussions. Entertaining demonstrations, the presentation of new techniques and ideas, trends and recipes are important program components in both the Bakers’ Trend Forum and the Confectioners’ Trend Forum. The first-class südback Trend Award will also be presented for the 12th time in 2019 in recognition of technical innovations, design and concepts.
Interest has grown continuously since the first südback was held in 1978. Trade visitors from home and abroad will find here a wide range of products and services for all areas in the bakery and confectionery industries. In addition to raw materials, working and operating technology, and shop fixtures and fittings, other focal points of the trade fair include merchandise, sales promotion, services and management aspects. Both popular trends and classic offerings can be found at südback. They attract decision-makers from the bakery trade to Stuttgart together with visitors from restaurants, hotels and catering companies.
According to the organizers, the focal points of südback are:
- Raw materials for bakers and confectioners, including basic materials, raw materials, baking agents, aromas and essences, semi-finished products, frozen bakery products, convenience products, basic materials for ice cream, organic and biological products;
- Working and operating technology, including production and baking technology, baking ovens, refrigeration systems, freezers, coffee machines, ice-cream machines, restaurant fittings, kitchen technology, silo systems, cleaning machines, company hygiene, measuring and weighing system;
- Shop ﬁxtures and ﬁttings, including shop and sales furnishings and fittings, snack area, mobile sales units, café furnishings and fittings, lighting, tableware, porcelain and table decoration;
- Merchandise, including own brands, confectionery, lasting bakery products, drinks, dairy products, delicatessen products and specialties, coffee, tea, other merchandise;
- Sales promotion, including work clothes, price labelling systems, decoration and packing materials, gift and confectionery packaging, indoor and outdoor advertising, gift items;
- Services, information, management, including computer systems, cash register systems, industry software, marketing/advertising/management consultation, associations and organizations, specialist literature.
Photo: Messe Stuttgart